The Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits have been one of my favorite die sets over the last few months. I love the variety of ways that you can use them.
This is a simple card that is very relaxing to make. I created it for a swap and liked it so much that I made more of this design as thank you cards for some of my customers and a couple more for birthday cards.
As it usually goes, I kept the one with a crooked sentiment for my sample! I should have taken a photo of one that was straight before mailing them all out.
- The base is Basic Black cut at 4 1/4" x 11' and scored at 5 1/2"
- The Berry Bliss layer is 4" x 5 1'4" and was embossed with the Big Shot using the Seaside embossing folder. I chose to use it on the card with the raised side of the paper adhered to the basic black base. I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the Berry Bliss layer to the card base.
- Whisper White cardstock was run through the Big Shot using the largest of the Lots of Labels Thinlits.
- Leaves from the Butterfly Basics stamp set are stamped in Old Olive on the white panel.
- The Happy Birthday sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set is stamped in Berry Bliss. (There are wonderful sentiments in this stamp set!)
- The dragonfly was cut out of Berry Bliss cardstock using the smaller single dragonfly thinlit from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits set.
- Using sponge daubers, I added Fresh Fig ink to the body of the dragonfly and the tips of it's wings. Wink of Stella was brushed on the wings to give it a bit of sparkle. I used glue dots to attach the body of the dragonfly to the whisper white panel so it is resting on the leaves.
- A couple of Basic Rhinestone Jewels finished off the front card panel.
- The stamped card piece was attached to the main card using Stampin' Dimensionals to add a bit more dimension.
I hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed making it!
If you click on any of the card supplies listed below you will be taken to that item on my website.
Post a Comment